Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour

Hi,

> Lets talk programmer-talk.  Assertions and pre-conditions in Gtk+ are
> a good example of a mechanical device that can help programmers.
> [snip]...

Ah! Now this makes sense :-) But ACL's only reduce the chance, they
don't eliminate it ofcourse.

> I can think of a few:
>
>       * Translators can be given automated tools that would do the
>           "right thing" without them having to become CVS experts.

Ok, having this as an optional thing first, so _all_ problems with the
"tools" can be worked out, would
be a good idea.

>       * Modules with strict CVS commit rules can be mechanically
>           managed, without assuming that everyone will be educated [1]
>           on time, or will do the right thing given then chances of
>           errors.

Well, now i've heard all this explaining it does not sound too bad.
Anyway, we can never know
if it works better then our current setup if we don't try it...

Thanks for your comments/explanation.

Yours sincerely,

Almer S. Tigelaar