Re: GNOME 2.0 planning: A longer range roadmap

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 01:24:59PM -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Jody Goldberg <jgoldberg home com> writes:
>
> > In an ideal world the bonobo-ui specification and verb/layout split
> > would be use in gnome-libs.
>
> I don't expect it to be ready for prime time for GNOME 2 unless some
> major peer review action of the design and implementation happens.

This seems like it should be a priority.  Having multiple
incompatible menu/toolbar apis in the next generation platform is is
not going to be less painful that last time we tried it.  Michael
has created a proposal in Bonobo for 1.4.  Lets take that as a
starting point and review modify it as necessary to get something
standardised in gtk, gnome, bonobo.