Re: Suggestion for the News site

Hi,

Does mod_virgule have any kind of content management? (i.e. can we
delete posts, approve posts, etc.?) Unlike advogato Gnotices gets a
lot of stupid stories that get rejected. Without the nice web
interface to post and moderate stories, we won't have any news.

I guess my main problem with this is that I would expect it to
undermine Advogato itself. I think advogato has a lot of value as a
cross-project meeting place, one of the few places where you have say
some BSD and GNOME people talking. So I don't think having GNOME
hackers do their diaries on a GNOME-specific site instead is as good.
In general Advogato isn't set up to be a news site, it's a
communication-between-some-trust-metric-defined-group site.

Anyhow, as always I think the pressing issue for the GNOME web is to
fix the content, not to change the technology _again_ - Gnotices
actually has useful content, so I'd say upgrade the Squishdot,
rearrange the look (Squishdot lets you change a lot of appearance
things), and don't break it. Let Advogato be Advogato and Gnotices be
Gnotices.

Havoc