Re: Suggestion for the News site

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 10:19:32AM +0100 or thereabouts, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Okay, this is rather radical, but I would like people consider the
> idea, and at least evaluate it:
>
>   I suggest replacing the current news.gnome.org design with an
>   advogato like (mob_virgule based) news and community site

I really like this idea. How much load would it be compared with
zope (which I understand is generating dynamic pages all the time
anyway)?

>   - the format is well-known, no leaning step needed for the
>     visitors

Ah well. I remember trying to get the hang of advogato, and I see
the same in new diaries now. But then I have never felt that
squishdot is particularly obvious either :)

> My personal point are that:
>   - I would like to improve the community sense and relationship

I think it would be great for that.

Telsa