Re: assorted gnome-core patches

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Tomas Ogren <stric ing umu se> writes:
> > EEEEEEEEEK!
> >
> > NAME
> >      killall - kill all active processes
>
> All active processes with the given name, i.e. oafd process group.

Not on some other, non-Linux, systems (snip from Solaris manpage):

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/sbin/killall [ signal ]

DESCRIPTION
     killall is used by shutdown(1M) to kill all active processes
     not directly related to the shutdown procedure.

     killall terminates all processes with open files so that the
     mounted  file systems will be unbusied and can be unmounted.

     killall sends signal (see kill(1)) to the active  processes.
     If no signal is specified, a default of 15 is used.

     The killall command can be run only by the super-user.

I believe Stric was trying to point out that the patch would have
"undesired effects" (ahem) on some systems.

Christian