>         "critical",
>         "major",
>         "normal",
>         "minor",
>         "trivial",
>         "enhancement"
>     );
>
>     and their meanings:
>
>         BLOCKER         - Blocks development and/or testing work
>         CRITICAL        - Crashes, loss of data, severe memory leak
>         MAJOR           - Major loss of function
>
>         everything below is not release critical:
>
>         MINOR            - Minor loss of function, or other problem
>                            where easy workaround is present
>         TRIVIAL          - Cosmetic problem like misspelt words or
>                            misaligned text
>         ENHANCEMENT      - Request for enhancement

i find "BLOCKER" a bit odd.
first, what do you mean with "Blocks development and/or testing work",
at the point where people have to submit bug reports to notify maintainers
that e.g. a Makefile or a C file in CVS is plain broken, a project can
probably be considered dead.
second, intuitively i'd think "BLOCKER" applies to releases, but that's
actually misleading since MAJOR and CRITICAL already are release blockers.
third, i don't think it's obvious that BLOCKER is more severe than CRITICAL,
i mean something that you really _have_ to fix ASAP, is, well, "critical".
trying to think of something more severe, the only reasonable thing i come
up with is "fatal", but then again i'm still confused as to why we'd need
something more severe than CRITICAL.

> --
> Martin Baulig
> martin gnome org (private)