Re: IDL namespacing ...

Michael Meeks <michael helixcode com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
>         I thought I'd move the namespaceing issue here to get some more
> input. Currently we suffer from several namespacing problems, ie. people
> going an putting their interfaces in the root domain.
>
>         So; I have just put together a namespacing guideline for various
> current project's IDL to be moved to ( post haste preferably ). We have
> decided to try and register the GNOME/ and Bonobo/ top level domains [1]

We can't make changes for any of the modules that have been released
as part of the stable platform. This includes gnome-core, gnome-libs
and control-center. Those will have to wait for GNOME 2.0. The rest we
should fix right away.

>         Both namespaces will be owned by the Foundation if we can in fact
> register them.

I've asked the Foundation Board to act to register these and set up a
subcommittee to act as a registration authority for submodules. That
group will be able to start with the list you've posted.

 - Maciej