Re: IDL namespacing ...

Hi Maciej,

On 18 Nov 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > Both namespaces will be owned by the Foundation if we can in fact
> > register them.
>
> I've asked the Foundation Board to act to register these

	Great; thank you.

> and set up a subcommittee to act as a registration authority for
> submodules. That group will be able to start with the list you've
> posted.

	What makes you think that a sub-committee is neccessary here ? we
cannot enforce a naming scheme on people. Since I identified the problem,
audited all the GNOME IDL I could find, brought it to peoples attention
and started co-ordinating the remedy; what makes you believe that it is
neccessary to replace my ( what can really only be strongly worded advise
to module authors [1] ) with a 'subcomittee'.

	What did I do wrong ? / why do we need 3 people to do such an
uncontroversial job / why do you not trust me to continue to do it ?

	Not that I care really either way, clearly the foundation should
own the space; but it just seems that you don't trust me to do a simple
job, and prefer a beaurocratic solution instead - disturbing.

	Regards,

		Michael.

[1] many of which I know personaly and have helped with Bonobo related
issues in the past.