Re: gtk+ entry patch

Ghee Seng Teo <Ghee Teo ireland sun com> writes:

> 	As I am fairly new to Gnome and GTK+,
> 	Justin's fix brought to me to ask these questions:
> 	- What if the user a two button mouse?
> 	- What happen to the GTK+ port on the Mac (is there one) running Linux
> 	which traditionally has only one button?

XFree86 has provisions for these cases; with two-button mice the two
buttons are usually 1 and 3, and you can press buttons 1 and 3
simultaneously to emulate button 2. On a mac, the button is button 1,
and you can switch buttons with the keyboard or a special panel
applet.

Anyway, it's addressed on the X level for the most part. Though we try
to avoid using button 2 most of the time, since lots of people have
two-button mice.

> 	A new menu is created when everytime the user clicks on button3,
> 	these could leak memory. should it not be a like,
> 		if (!menu)
> 		{
> 		 /* same bit of code except the bits below */
> 		}
>
> 		gtk_widget_show (cut_item);
> 		gtk_widget_show (copy_item);
> 		gtk_widget_show (paste_item);
> 		gtk_menu_popup (GTK_MENU (menu), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 3,
> 		  event->time);

Yes, that's correct as far as I see. I think the patch leaked the menu.

Havoc