Re: stupid gconf patch

On 11 Dec 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> So why is libxml not in includedir/gnome-xml anymore? This can't have
> changed in the stable platform. I don't understand how this patch
> could work.

I think this is (a) part of an attempt to make gconf work with libxml 2.x
(b) a patch to make gconf use the EXTREMELY BROKEN (Daniel, are you
listening) libxml include path setup...

I REALLY WISH that libxml would refer to its header files in the same way
gtk/bonobo/all-the-other-packages-in-the-world do. I think the main reason
it doesn't is because of problems getting it to find its header files when
building source. I know how to fix it if Daniel wants help (hint hint :)

-- Elliot
"The Pythagorean Theorem employed 24 words, the Lord's Prayer has 66 words,
Archimedes Principle has 67 words, the 10 Commandments have 179 words, the
Gettysburg Address had 286 words, the Declaration of Independence, 1,300 words and
finally the European Commission's regulation on the sale of cabbage: 26,911 words."