Re: Dual Head

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 06:46, nestor di wrote:
> Is dualhead kind of Xinerama?

In a way, yes.

> Is it a only Matrox feature?

No.  My setup is dual-head, I have an NVidia card and a 3dfx Voodoo card
(separate) running two displays on my computer.

> Shouldn't Matrox support Gnome?

The XFree86 setup has Matrox drivers AFAIK. Naturally it would be better
for the company to supply decent drivers for us linux users to use. :-)

> > What is the expected time lengthuntil Gnome supports dual heads?

I'm no authorotative source, however I read somewhere on the GNOME lists
that it will be included somewhere in the GNOME/GTK+ 2.2 range.  I am
anticipating it as I use that kind of setup and it would be really nice
to be able to do stuff more inteligently. :)