Re: Questions

> Seriously, I see no reason why we can't have a new CLI syntax.  Basically,
> some one (or some grop) simply needs to come up with a more up-to-date
> language syntax for CLI.  It does not have to be artificially intelligent,
> becuase let's face it, natural language is WAAAY too hard to parse.  But
at
> the very least it could be helpful and clear.

If you want to make something useful, make a series of commands that
interpret whole-word commands into actual unix command-lines for use with
voice recognition software.

Saying "list files in slash usr slash lib" is easier than "spell
L-S-SPACE-SLASH KEY-U-" ... ;-)

All that needs doing is writing programs by the names of things like "list"
and "open" and "run" which interpret the command lines after them and exec
the interpreted result.

"list files in home" -- ls ~
"open file number three" -- take 3rd file from listing, check mime exec and
run it or give error.

--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed