Re: Questions

sjy999 totalise co uk (2001-05-22 at 1232.25 +0100):
> There are some good features in the OS X GUI, and personally I think
> that the NeXTSTEP style file manager is very nice (although it would
> be much nicer with a shelf IMO).  But there are also a lot of
> problems with the GUI, in a lot of

I was going to ask what was that, but I remembered I had a bookmark,
http://www.pair.com/mccarthy/nextstep/. If it give you errors, try
www120 instead of www. Interesting read for the record.

> ways it's less elegant and refined than Mac OS 8/9 IMO.  Also the pointless
> eye candy annoys a lot of people, it looks cool at first but soon it just
> slows the user down.

Yep, eye candy can be really distracting, cos user does not know where
things are, of if an area does something. But everyone wants eyecandy,
no? /me runs.

GSR