Re: Virtual Directory Structure

thristian atdot org (2001-05-12 at 1006.59 +1000):
> What happens if one of the "friendly names" exists as a real
> directory? For example, MacOSX's friendly names are actual folders on
> the drive - including "Applications". If you mount a MacOSX drive
> under Linux (It's UFS, after all) there *will* be an Applications/
> folder, *and* a bin/ folder in the same place. To which will the
> virtual "Applications/" refer?

Good point, probably usage of virtual names was a bad idea. I did not
proposed it to demostrate it, I just known Windows virtual system was
a bit messy. Virtual would work if we can make it work everywhere (so
you can call it real too), otherwise you are asking for problematic
exceptions. :-/

I guess we should go with show real name plus description if user
requests it, so you will see bin/ and Applications/, and both will
have Applications as description (= friendly name, just a few words).

Thanks.

GSR