Re: Virtual Directory Structure

<quote who="Liam Quin">

> The original question seems to me perfectly reasonable.  SGI had a go
> at this with their file manager in IRIX too.

A crucial part of this was discussed on gnome-hackers recently, regarding ~
being used as the Nautilus desktop. Issues raised included the common
directories that are non-dotfiles in ~, such as Mail, Maildir, Nautilus,
Evolution, public_html, etc.

If anyone has further experience from other desktop systems that do this (or
specifically *don't*), please fill us in.

[ The argument on gnome-hackers petered out, with most of the 'hacker types'
saying it was a bad idea, the 'userey types' liking it, and a few 'in
between' types wondering what would be done with the special directories. ]

- Jeff

--
                     I was there when geek became chic.