Re: UI Guidelines: Dialogs (2nd draft)

>jcape jcinteractive com (2001-03-07 at 0728.55 -0600):
>> Wouldn't it just be easier to have Return and Atl+Left go forward and
>> Alt+Right go back. Return is a "duh, duh" kind of thing, and the
>> Alt+{L,R} is used in web browsers pretty much universally (Windows does
>> it that way, as does Mac I believe, Galeon & Mozilla too -- I believe
>> that NS4 for Unix may not). For pages with text widgets in them, the
>> Next button could use CTRL+Return.

>I would say that Alt+Arrows would be fine for Next & Prev buttons.
>About Return... if you have Alt+Arrows, no need for it, and maybe less
>problems, cos it is not conditional (if text, Ctrl, if no text, alone)
>or make it always Ctrl+Return.

>GSR

Alt <mnemonics> is the best choice anyhow as I see it.

Leave anything that looks like keys for traversals alone.
Anything you have to learn before you can use it is bad.
Mnemonics makes you learn the keys without actually doing
anything yourself.

Alt <arrows> would be much better for positioning graphical views
and other things like that. A map for example.

John Blad