Re: Quick Menubar Question

Hi,

>I seem to remember hearing that it will probably be an option in 2.0,
>but I don't know if that's still the case or not.

Does anyone know that for sure?

>Some of the main arguments against it are that it doesn't work so nicely
>if you use "focus follows mouse" mode, which many people do,

There's a simple solution for that problem which was popular on the
Amiga (who also had the menubar on top of the screen): The window
under the pointer gets activated as soon as you press a key on the
keyboad (or a mouse button, of course). Then you have the advantages
of "focus follows mouse" but no problems using a menubar on top.

>All these are just arguments against having the Mac-like menu bar as the
>default, though... it would probably work just fine for some (maybe even
>most) people, and it does have its advantages.

And exactly that's the discussion that I'm trying to avoid here..
It's just that I prefer the menu bar on top and that's why I'd like
to know if it will be optional some day or not.

Regards,
  Stefan