Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus user testing at MIT

Hello,

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 textshell t-online de wrote:

> if GNOME would provie a general way to express in which state an
> Application is and leave it to the preferences of the user what is done
> to show this states!

Absolutely.

> But i do see a problem here, with bonobo on it's way to our desktops
> it isn't anymore an window/application that is in some state, but it
> may be just an component inside what the user sees as _one_
> application.

Is that really a problem? I mean: imagine an application XYZ that consists
of a menu bar component and a textfield component. The user wants to do
something complicated so the textfield takes a few seconds to render the
changes. While the cursor above the textfield shows the busy-cursor, why
shouldn't the user be able to click Help -> About in the mean time?

> <RANT>I always get the feeling in this list that most of the members of
> this list don't really know much about the inner-workings of
> gnome</RANT>

That's true, I'm by no means a Gnome expert. However I am concerned with
its UI features because that's one of my interests, and besides I want to
use it myself.

That said, *please* take a little time to learn how to properly quote
messages. For example read this:

http://www.sni.net/~kassj/netiquette/netiquette.html#5

with kind regards,

--