Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus user testing at MIT

Well I don't think this's all so easy. I think the best thing would be
if GNOME would provie a general way to express in which state an
Application is and leave it to the preferences of the user what is done
to show this states! But i do see a problem here, with bonobo on it's
way to our desktops it isn't anymore an window/application that is in
some state, but it may be just an component inside what the user sees as
_one_ application.

<RANT>I always get the feeling in this list that most of the members of
this list don't really know much about the inner-workings of
gnome</RANT>

One other thing about indicating states of applications(well really
processes): Don't force anything at the users, this list show how
different humans are so they'll need choice and the infrastructure to
make these choises possible.