Re: For a GUI that is easier to use

 i agree with robert on designing the ui around tasks. I have just been
listening in so far, but I'd like to point everyone to a really helpful
shareware book on UI design, TASK-CENTERED USER INTERFACE DESIGN by
Clayton Lewis and John Rieman. You can download at:
ftp.cs.colorado.edu/pub/distribs/clewis/HCI-Design-Book/

-ak.