Inquiry concerning Gnome

Hello,

I was not sure who I should e-mail concerning my question. But perhaps you could provide some assistance. It would be much appreciated.

I am currently investigating the idea of creating GUI's. It is something that I've been meaning to look into for some time. How has Gnome created itself? what are the resources required?

for example. I am interested in enhancing/adding to a UI(user interface). It will have it's own look and feel. But in order to accomplish this with say...Windows... how could this be achieved? Where may I find the resources to get started and produce fruitful results?

I would appreciate any help that you can give. If at all possible I would like to discuss this with those who have knowledgable expertise in this area.

Thank you very much for your time.

sincerely,

Jerry Ring
jerryring mail com