Re: Suggestion for Gnome Control Center

Michael Toomim wrote:
> This is my first time attempting user-feedback. Is this the right place to
> do it? Should I subscribe to this list, or just post to it?

If you want to be sure to get answers and be able to follow the
discussion and read what others have to say, I'd say yes, subscribe to
the list.

> Feedback:
>
> The control center's label for the window-manager section is labeled for
> me "sawfish window manager". This label corresponds to the system's
> technological model rather than the user's conceptual model. A better
> label would be "Window Management (Sawfish)"

This menu is AFAIK unique for Sawfish. It's not a general window manager
menu (the general "Window Manager" menu is under the "Desktop" item) but
a custom "control center plugin" (capplet) provided by Sawfish for
setting Sawfish's options.

So I think "Window Management (Sawfish)" would be misleading (sounds
like a general window manager options menu). "Sawfish window manager" is
IMHO a good caption for the menu, since it really is the settings for
the "Sawfish window manager" and nothing else.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Christian