Re: win button

> how do i make win button start home menu similar to windows

This is getting to be FAQ.  The sad thing is, I'm sure it's listed in an
FAQ somewhere.  This isn't a UI design question, this is a technical
question, and should be posted to a technical help mailing list. :(

ANYWAY.. it's pretty simple.  (However, oddly, for some reason it's
not working correctly on my box here at work!  D'oh!)

Right-click a panel, select "Global Properties..." from the Panel submenu.
OR... open the Gnome Control center and select "Panel."
OR... select "Panel" from the Settings submenu under Desktop menu of the foot
("start home menu," as you call it)

Select the "Miscellaneous" tab at the top.  Look at the "Key Bindings" area.

Enjoy!

-bill!