problem with dialogs

hi friends
            i'm facing a problem with dialogs.
            i'm sorry if the problem sounds very silly as
i'm a novice and have just started with gnome programming

            i'v got a simple gnome app window in which a
dialog box pops up by clicking one the menus. i create the
dialog box by gnome_dialog_new and then set its parent to
the top level app window by gnome_dialog_set_parent. then i
run it in modal state by gnome_dialog_run_and_close.
            here the problem comes. even when my dialog box
is running in modal box i'm able to close the main
application by clicking on the top right close (cross)button

of the main app window. this closes the gui but doesn't
terminates the process in command line from where i start
the program.
            this problem doesn't come with gnome about
dialog or gnome message box.

            could someone out there please help me.
            thanx in advance

--