Panel UI - startmenu productivity thoughts

Hi!

(Gnome Panel, Start Menu)

Currently the Panel Folders ("Games", "Utilities", ect.) just are here
to structure the Gnome start menu.

It would be very cool to give the Folders "gnome-launcher-ability" too -
namely by connecting the most recently/often started program in a folder
with the folder entry in the start menu.

erm :-), I tried to illustrate this on
http://www.schnitzer.at/dominik/gnome/qstart.jpg

So -- if a user moves the mouse in the startmenu over say the "Internet"
folder, the Internet Folder contents opens and in addition to now, the
most recently/often started application is automatically selected or
highlighted too.
If the user now wants to launch exactly this (highlighted) most
recently/often application, he just has to click on the "Internet"
folder and doesn't have to search/select and click it as usual. If the
user likes to start another app, it's buissines as usual.

I think this way to improve startmenu-productivity is better than the
Windows XP/2000 Idea of hiding unused programs and could proove as quite
practical.

I guess it would need some more thoughts to implement it The Right Way
(TM), but if you think it's ok I could try a patch.

best,
domi.