Re: Adding menus to panels?

Yes, there is at least one way in development (at least by me :-). The project is called gnsbms and was originally intended to just grab Netscape's bookmarks. I've placed a tarball of (I think) my last stable version on my website at http://www.phys.lsu.edu/students/merchan/GNOME/gnsbms/gnsbms.tar.gz .  The parser is presently being revised and the ui may change as well. (I'm thinking of making it a menubar with many items instead of many menubars with one (toplevel) item.) It is pre^n-release, but I use it daily. The documentation is far less than adequate, but there are some example files provided and it's a fairly simple applet. One warning: (a bug) the instances must be deactivated before you log out, because they do not properly save data across sessions; though, when you reinstate them, they should be as they were before deactivation.

If you have any questions about it, please send them to me or meet me on #interface irc.gnome.org (handle: auspex).

I'd also like feedback on whether a single bar or multiple bars is preferred.

Cheers,
Greg Merchan