common menu bar

Hello,
  I'm new to this list so this might have been asked already. Has there
been  any thought to having a common menu bar (a la MacOS) for all gnome
apps? From reading the Aqua UI guidlines, it would seem this could be
done without necessarily dictating window management policy. Besides
elimiting the redundency of a menu bar per application, I think some
nice things for window management could be done, such as a "Bring all to
Front" menu item that is done in the Aqua UI. How this would work is,
say you were using the gimp (I know the gimp isn't a GNOME app, but bear
with me), this item would bring all your gimp windows to top.

Mark