Re: centering the panel?

jasonlanders hotmail com (2000-08-30 at 2259.27 +0000):
> I'm fairly new to gnome and find myself puzzled over a seemingly trivial
> thing. All I want to do is center the panel on the bottom of the screen and
> not have it extend to the edges. When I had HelixCode installed I could do
> it but there was a problem with HelixCode and my enlightenment
> configuration. Can anyone help? Is there a way to do this? I'm running
> RedHat 6.1 with Enlightenment and gnome. Any feedback is appreciated.

Create a new panel of type aligned type. Or convert one to that type,
with Panel > Properties > Type. If it does not work, you have a
serious problem, probably requiring installation verification of the
apps (rpm -V) or removing the current config for you account.

GSR