Re: Another view on file dialogs.

dylang+kernel thock com (2000-08-17 at 0236.37 -0600):
> 	People don't think about the tools, just the job.  Why force them to think
> of the tools?  Why force them to LOAD hammer, then open
> /toolbox/nailbox/nail_file and get_a_nail, and then perform_hammering?  Why
> can't we have the interface equivalent of, "I'm going to be putting a
> picture on the wall, give me a hammer and a nail so I can work" ?

Well, that is the way I do real life things, get tools, then work.
Sometimes, the hammer is important. Rubber hammer? Metal hammer? Mini
hammer? Shoe maker hammer? One job, one tool, choosen by me, not by
other. And sometimes, one job with the wrong tool (cos you do not have
the right one or cos you want, yes, cos I want to use one tool and the
other).

Note: my personal way of doing things. Other may find nice to get the
full kit with tools... and also the thing completly built.

GSR