From:  Calum Benson
Sent:  Wednesday, November 29, 2000 7:22 AM
To:  gnome-gui-list gnome org
Subject:  Re: Running vs starting apps

"Michael T. Babcock" wrote:

> Calum Benson wrote:
>
> > Microsoft Bob, anyone?  :o)
>
> I hate to disapoint people, but you know those little MS characters in
office?
> The only people I've met who _don't_ like them are computer pros or the
type of
> self-agrandising people who can't handle being told an answer by a
cartoon
> character.

Up to a point, although I can give you a list of friends and
acquaintances who fall into neither of those categories but still hate
them!  True, those characters were born into Bob's comfy little house,
but the fact that they were quickly evicted to live out the rest of
their lives in the corner of an Office does say something about them to
me... (one of them being, "if they're all that successful, why is it
only MS Office that has them?")

Cheeri,
Calum.