SV: Running vs starting apps

> I hate to disapoint people, but you know those little MS characters in
office?
> The only people I've met who _don't_ like them are computer pros or the
type of
> self-agrandising people who can't handle being told an answer by a cartoon
> character.

>Michael T. Babcock

Perhaps a smaller version that didn't use so much screen area.. Something
like a small applet.. An animated figure to attract attention and a short
text. Noting near the MS characters. They are to big, to clumsy and sometimes
grabs focus. (Always?)

Am I far out or can access to the underlaying help system be built by
analyzing user actions? Eg., from previous action the user has done you
travel backwards in an action tree until you get "few enough" possible
actions..

John