RE: User interface suggestions

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Tom Musgrove wrote:

> Perhaps we could have a floating menu/toolbar that has a list of the
> frequently used items, and perhaps another for recently used?  This would
> generate greater speed savings than the previous suggestions.

Yes, the "fastbar" we mentioned before, which could be converted into a
floating bar (what about drag and drop all bars in the air to convert them
into floating bars? :).

And we could generalize to "document fastbar" in addition to "application
fastbar", with most used docs; and a new entry in the desktop menubar for
documents and 2 levels: first for the application that the docs belongs,
and second for the docs, everything with bolded items for most used
ones... :).

> Another
> possibility, is right clicking would have a submenu for frequently used
> items.  Thus one wouldn't even have to move the mouse to utilize them...

Good suggestion... yes, a submenu for "application fastmenu" and other for
the "docs fastmenu". Perfect!

> Tom M.
> TomM pentstar com

Cheers