RE: New ideas

>There's a fascinating column at AskTog

><http://www.asktog.com/columns/035SquanAdv.html> about new, more
>versatile file system objects.  A preview: folder icons that get
>thicker as their contents grow, file icons that get cobwebs as
>they're less accessed, scrapbooks, file cabinets, and piles!  Some
>of these things could really help Nautilus, as it is just
>developing, and probably more open to new ideas.  Go over and take
>a look!

I find this article very intriguing.  The first half or so, about
interface hardware, is a little silly, but the GUI portion of it,
with the cobwebs and piles, is very interesting.

I think the author's right in that instead of displaying lots of
text, the UI should contain lots of "natural" visual cues that
automatically tell you what you're looking at.  If designed and
implemented properly, this could make GNOME a *real* winner.

-Brooke