Re: scroll bar and drop down list usability

thristian@atdot.org wrote:

> Meanwhile, a question for all those who want to gain empirical HCI
> data: is it better for middle-click-paste to insert text at the mouse
> position or where the text cursor is?

At the text insert point.  (What you call the cursor.)

When I go to copy something in a document, I almost always leave the
cursor where I want the new text, simply because that's where I was when
I decided I needed to copy some text into the document.

When I come back and hit the middle button to paste, I don't want to
have to "aim" the location for the new text.  I just want to click and
have it put the text where I left the cursor.

Paste-to-mouse-cursor-location slows me down.
--
= Warren -- ICBM Address: 36.8274040 N, 108.0204086 W, alt. 1714m