Re: scroll bar and drop down list usability

Ken Fox wrote:

> "Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero" wrote:
> > I dislike mouses with wheel. You get a stupid (for me) thing that works
> > partially as three buttons, but not as a full normal one, just something in
> > between ...
>
> Microsoft's decision to make the wheel a middle button was very odd. I've
> clicked the button hundreds of times while scrolling -- it's something that
> I can't seem to learn to avoid.

I've used intensively 3 models of wheel mice under linux lately.
1. a MS OEM intellimouse with which, as you wrote, I kept
clicking the middle button while scrolling. *Very* annoying
and dangerous. Not too pleasant wheeling.
2. a stock logithech pilot+ : no problems, very pleasant to use.
3. an OEM logitech pilot+. Again, no problems, but very
unpleasant wheeling (like if the wheel was square and not
round).

So don't blame the concept. The concept is very sound. *But*
not all wheel mice are equal. I've found OEM mice lacking in
quality. Problem is, most people try cheap models, usually
the f*-up intellimouse, and then complain wheel mice are
hopeless. They are not. Just use the right ones.

--
Nicolas