Re: scroll bar and drop down list usability

> Sender: gnome-gui-list-admin@gnome.org
> From: famrom@idecnet.com (Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero)
> Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 22:20:29 +0200
> To: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: scroll bar and drop down list usability
> -----
> >It increasingly strikes me that scroll bars should be located on the left
> >side of windows rather than the right.  The same is true of the button which
> >displays the list for drop down list controls.
>
> xterm and nxterm allow that. emacs also does that. At least mine (some by
> default, other by config, like the terms).

Yes, Please!....  Scroll bars off the right hand edge of the screen,
as frequently happens in Windows, is a mess....  This is why scroll bars
are on the left in xterm in the first place.  Why motif (and many other
toolkits) slavishly followed stupidity is beyond me.
			- Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Technology and Corporate Development