Re: Article in PC Magazine relating to OS UIs

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 05:10:57PM -0500, David Grega wrote:
> 8. And why can't you have presets that let you give, say, two-thirds of the
> screen to your word processor and one-third to e-mail, as opposed to always
> giving each tiled app exactly the same amount of space?"

At some point in my copious free time (read: sometime mid 2010) I was planning
to make my entrance to applet programming with a little applet where you could
do something like this, but in a more user defined way.

My idea was just a little applet that lets you save and retrieve screen
setups.  MI though you could put it in a define mode where you could just
select windows to be included in that profile.  Click save, and then at any
time your can just right click and select say the "irc" profile, and xchat
would come up, nicely sized, along with a browser behind it and whatever else
you saved with it.

Perhaps this has already been done?  Anyone out there care to get the jump on
me in writing this? :)

alan

--
Arcterex <arcterex userfriendly org>   -==-   http://arcterex.net
"I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I