EPS icons

IDEA #1:
OK, i know I don't have the expertise necessary to IMPLEMENT this idea, but if
scaling is a problem, then why not use some kind of vectorized graphic format
instead of a bitmapped file format?  I would say that the best way to do icons
is to do them similar to how MacOSX does it... i don't think they have
vecotrized icons, but the display allows for very good resizing of bitmaps...

If gnome used EPS or EPS-style vectorized graphics, then they could easily and
clearly be resized to however big a user would want them.  They could also
*easily* do the following idea:

IDEA #2:
Instead of making icons in a certain view (with different lighting, different
3D angles, etc.), why not make them flat (again, best done in EPS), and then
ON THE FLY turn them and light them via GIMP or some other means.  Basically,
in Photoshop I know there is a function that allows a user to change the
perspective:  lighting is also changeable.

So instead of making icons and then HOPING that they all fit in together, we
could make ONE set of flat icons, and then use them wherever we want, and have
the perspective and lighting be defined AS THEY ARE SEEN... so if one wanted a
3d perspecive on desktop icons but NOT on application button icons, that would
be OK, or they could have perspective and lighting on everything.