Re: SV: User interface suggestions

"Blad, John Erling" wrote:

> A lot of mil-systems use abstract symbols. Circles, squares,
> triangles, etc. They are visually very easy to distinguish
> but ugly as hell.

This is certainly true, but military apps provide highly-focused
functionality to a highly-trained audience.  I designed air traffic
control radar displays for a couple of years, and it's amazing the sorts
of things you can get away in an interface when you know your users will
have several years' training on that one piece of software, and when you
know how they have been trained to react to almost any situation.

If only we had that luxury  :o)

Cheeri,
Calum.