Re: Show Me The Code..

Hi Johan!

The archive on http://mail.gnome.org/pipermail/gnome-gui-list/ has only
november-1999 archived.

I think that a reason why this is getting stirred up again might be that
some people on this list haven't been subscribers for that long time
yet, and haven't participated in the previous discussions, and don't
know what agreements were made. I know that I'm one of those types. :)

Do you mind re-submitting your proposal, and a summary on what
conclusions were made?

At least, I'd be very thankful for that! Thanks in advance!

Christian

Johan Hanson wrote:
> More than a year ago, I started writing on a replacement file selector for
> GTK+ and presented the alpha to this mailing list together with a thorough
> description of all the design decisions and a TODO list describing features
> that I though would better fit in a GNOME environment.
> This spawned a long-running thread that lasted for the good part of the
> fall of '99 talking about auto-completion, layout, etc.
> Many of my ideas got included in the proposal presented by the "Hit squad".
> I did not do any more code because I thought it needed a rewrite anyway,
> I was told that people had already started on Bonobo components for file
> lists and I expected programmers to implement the designs presented by the
> "Hitsquad".
>
> The current threads are stirring up about the same issues that were
> discussed a year ago. In my view, they have already been settled!
> For justification of the choices that led to the current design,
> go read the archived mailing list from last year.

Christian Rose
http://www.menthos.com                    	    menthos@menthos.com