Re: Suggestion for a GTK+ widget: Filebox.

thristian@atdot.org wrote:
> chdir commands? I was thinking like for the gnome-find program, where
> you specify an initial directory, or maybe for the "choose a
> background image" widget in gnome-terminal. You don't really want to
> have any state in the widget.. well, I don't.

The state isn't in the widget, it's in the process.

If I run a text editor, I expect it to look in the current directory
for the files I type in. If I chdir inside the editor, then I expect
it to start looking in the directory I changed to. If the filename
widget always starts looking in $HOME that will be a major pain.

> Ever seen mutt's .rc format? It takes back-ticks and
> environment variables and all sorts of shell weirdness. :)

back-ticks? That's pretty scary. I'd be more than happy to just
be able to say $ORACLE_HOME and have it do the right thing.

- Ken