Re: Suggestion for a GTK+ widget: Filebox.

thristian@atdot.org wrote:
> A Filebox is like a regular single-line text-entry widget ...

Great idea. I'd call this a FilenameField because box to me
implies composite widget.

> The widget should have whatever auto-completion style we choose, and
> should complete all paths as though $HOME is the current working
> directory.

Why $HOME? If I want that I'll just type "~/" first. If $HOME is
the default then the widget wouldn't be any good for doing chdir
commands.

BTW, it would be really nice if both this widget and the file dialog
understood csh ~ syntax and $ environment variables. That would
really save a lot of typing (and make documentation easier to write).

- Ken