OT Mailing list settings (Re: FW: File dialogs: Network access)

menthos@menthos.com (2000-08-19 at 0126.37 +0200):
> > Ooops. I wanted to send it to the list ... the reply-to setting needs some
> > UI improvements...
> Definately. Someone has to fix that. I get duplicate messages all the
> time (people both replying to the list _and_ cc:ing; duplicate messages
> annoys the hell out of me) or people that accidentally only reply to me
> and not the list.

The right way old guys defend is to keep things as they are, and learn
what keys / menu entries / icons mean reply to list or reply to person
(L and r with mutt defaults, "_L_ist reply" and "_r_eply"). See,
computers are stupid, persons not (if they pay attention).

If you get double posts, tell the sender not to send both (aka new
software or more attention). Setting mailing list to force reply-to is
a pain, really bad if it deletes the original sender completly. As
currently is can be bad, but just demostrates bad apps or lazzy users.

A happy mutt user (that hit L, not r). :]

GSR