Drawer suggestion (and introduction)

Hi - My name's Bill Kendrick.  I'm new to this list, but have been using
Gnome over the last year and a half or so.

I've got Linux installed at my desktop at my new job, and set up a little
website on the box.  I decided it'd be nifty for people to be able to see
where I am or what I'm doing by viewing that site...

So, I created a little shell script that dumps some text into an SSI-included
file.  I then created a Drawer on my gnome panel which has icons for
each kind of status...

For example, I have a little desktop icon in there that I can click which
runs the shell script so that the site says "Status: At my desk."

If I click a little newspaper icon, it changes it to "Status: Taking a break".

And so on....

What I'd like to see the Gnome Panel drawer do is allow me to have it
'keep track' of which icon was selected last, not unlike a pulldown menu
in any old GUI application.  (For example, the "Layout" menu in Gnome's
file manager.)

I can imagine this feature being implemented as a Drawer's propery...
Say, a checkbox under the "Drawer Handle" settings for "Remember Last Launch,"
or perhaps a checkbox in the Gnome Control Center under "Panel -> Misc"
next to the "Close drawer if a launcher inside it is pressed."
(Although, personally, I thinK THAT setting should be drawer-specific, too!)

Anyway, take care!  If you wanna learn about me or see some of the fun
Linux games I've written (no Gnome/GTK+ specific ones (yet)), visit:

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/bill/

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com / nbs@sonic.net