Re: First UI component needing replacement.

"Michael T. Babcock" wrote:

> It would confuse them for all of ten seconds -- most people are visually
> acute enough to realise what was going on once they typed "abra" and only
> "abracadabra" remained as a file ... backspacing (over the a) would leave
> them, perhaps, with "abracadabra" followed by "abrasive".
>
> This is an easy behaviour to switch on and off, and makes file selection
> simple for non-keyboard people (type part of name, double click file).

Alright.  I'm willing to accept that people will like/use this, but I'd also
like it to not be the default for the beginner dialogs.  Once a user starts
to play around with the advanced dialog {configurator, editor} control in
the gnome configuration tool, they could turn this on and experiment with
it.  Perhaps the "teaching" application could show the user how these things
work.

--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.