Re: First UI component needing replacement.

"Michael T. Babcock" wrote:

> I think a discussion that happened last year included a proposition that
> sounds like yours.
>
> Basically, as the user types in the "filename" area, have only the
> files/folders that match that name remain in the scrolled-view window (above
> the typing area) so the user can quickly verify which file they want, etc.
>
> This is especially useful for people who name their files with very long
> names.

The selective/dynamic hiding would not, IMO, be as useful as a user
requested auto complete.  In fact, the action of having automatic changes
happen elsewhere in the dialog could confuse or distract new users.

--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.