Re: File dialog (was: Re: First UI component needing replacement.)

>>> I've also tweaked the buttons.  I replaced the "cancel" button
>>> with the "close" button, since "cancel" will not rollback any
>>> operations performed in the dialog on any systems I have ever
>>> seen.
>>
>> No no no, it should be "Cancel". It is and has always been "Cancel" in
>> all file dialogs I have ever seen.
>
> I think Dylan's point was referring to "file dialog as mini file
> manager".  Basically, you hit cancel after creating a new directory
> and the new directory won't go away.

Sadly, I don't have time to give feedback on the complete proposal (which
I'm not too fond of) but... when you create a new folder, you should bring
up an additional dialog where you get to name the folder and cancel the new
folder operation if you want/need to.

With this behavior it's acceptable to retain the "Cancel" button since we
stick you in another mode to do the folder creation.

Cheers,
Arlo Rose