Re: intelligent dialogs

colin z robertson wrote:
> Speaking of guidelines, where the hell are they? Surely there should
> be a document somewhere stating the ui conventions for gnome apps.
> Have I missed something?

The only guidelines I am aware of are the code format guidlines Miguel has
written.  The Eazel people should be doing something like this in concert
with the Gnome at large community and this list, but they seem to be too
busy porting the MacOS top-app-bar-thing and Internet Explorer to Gnome
(Nautalis).

I would very much love to see a standards document, and am wondering how
many other people would be interested in one too.  I have a bit of a
UI-problems document right now that I was writing for Kuro5hin (and hasn't
been polished up yet), so we could start with writing out solutions to those
problems.  From there it'd be fairly easy to document the problems
(inconsistent keyboard accelerators, bad-dialogs, mis-named things adapted
from Win32/MacOS environments, broken metaphors, etc), and get it onto
developer.gnome.org [* a bit of an assumption, actually].

Any else feel like working on it with me?

--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.