Re: intelligent dialogs

> I would very much love to see a standards document, and am wondering how
> many other people would be interested in one too.

> Any else feel like working  on it with me?

Way ahead of you. :-)

Once I'm done making sure the Mac OS X button bar, and Explorer side bar is
correctly done, I'll be publishing complete UI guidelines for all to review.

In the even I haven't introduced myself to this particular Gnome mailing
list, I'm the primary UI guy over at Eazel.  Five of my eleven years doing
UI work were spent at Apple where I was the UI (we called it HI) lead
responsible for moving the Mac UI and Toolbox from System 7 to Mac OS 8.  An
offshoot of that was the Mac OS 8 Human Interface Guidelines which were
written, but not finessed and edited, by myself.

I should probably note that I'm the maintainer of the Gnome UI Guidelines
document, but I've yet to begin work on the DocBook version checked into
Gnome cvs.  That button bar and side bar are eating up all my time.

Cheers,
Arlo Rose
Lead UI Guy
Eazel, Inc.