[file dialog] Please see: Alexoft

 A long time ago, I wrote yous a note, telling of a Windows 3.1 common
 file dialog enhancer that I'd used for a while, back before I
 discovered Linux.  I noticed that some of the things about it that I
 described have been implemented in the Gnome file dialog...  perhaps
 becuase of the suggestions I wrote (oh, my ego!) or just becuase it's
 a good idea...  at any rate, today I was looking at your photos, and
 thought of that dialog enhancer again, so I went to the net and
 hunted it down.  Here's the web page of the shareware company that
 created it.

		    <URL:http://www.alexoft.com/>

 I think yous would do well to flatter them by imitation!  It's good
 for at least ideas.

 I'm not on your emailing lists...  Please CC me.  I've much to do and
 study right now; there is little time for email reading.  It's time
 for me to make a big push for some important knowledge.  I have just
 recently downloaded `glib' to my laptop, and plan to study it (along
 with some other things for comparison, &c) over the next several
 months.  8-{)>> I promise to join your efforts when I become capable
 of doing so.  I live for free software also.  (I'm hoping for some
 Linuxfund income someday.)

Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@debian.org>